Hamden Economic & Neighbordhod Development logo

Public Service Agency Grants

Public services agencies strengthen communities by addressing the needs of residents, and by supporting economic development.  Funds are available annually to public service agencies through a competitive application process to carry out eligible activities. Nonprofit agencies benefitting low and moderate persons through Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) eligible activities are invited to apply.

PY 49 FY July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024

To view PY49 Public Service Agency Award Recipients click here

To view PY49 Public Service Agency Quarterly Reports click here

To view PY 49 Public service agency request for funding click here

PY 48 FY July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023

to view PY48 Public Service Agency Quarterly Reports click here

to view PY48 Public Service Agency Request for Funding click here

Public Service Program Guidelines and Requirements

Must be nonprofit entity with active System of Award Management (SAM) registration 

Service/activities must meet one of three CDBG national objectives:

  • Benefit to low and moderate income (LMI) persons
  • Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight
  • Meet a need having a particular urgency (referred to as urgent need)

CDBG eligible activities include the following:

  • Employment services (job training)
  • Crime prevention and public safety
  • Childcare
  • Health services
  • Substance abuse services (counseling and treatment)
  • Fair housing counseling
  • Education programs
  • Energy conservation
  • Services for senior citizens
  • Services for persons experiencing homelessness
  • Welfare services (excluding income payments)
  • Down payment assistance
  • Recreational services

CDBG funds may be used to pay for labor, supplies and materials as well as to operate and/or maintain the portion of a facility in which the public service is located. This includes the lease of a facility, equipment, and other property needed for the public service.